Pages

Tuesday 22 June 2010

We interrupt this series to bring you something totally random

Thinking about all the people/places/things I'm going to miss from Vietnam made me really depressed. So I decided to cheer myself up by thinking about one of the most ubiquitously available sources of joy and happiness: random words.

One of the best sources of random words is, of course, the good ole' American boy Daniel Webster.

The only thing more American than baseball and hotdogs is spelling it "color" and "theater." Take that, Brits! 
And a large picture of my head.

But I am about to reveal to you the secret location of an even better source of even randomer words and word combinations. It is simple. It is free. It is my gift to all you Shakers and word-lovers and word-loving Shakers out there. You ready?

The answer is: comment on this blog.

No! Really! For serious. Because when you comment on this blog you are required to go through a security procedure in which you read and type out a distorted word or phrase that has been generated by your machine to be 100% random and 99% AWESOME. (1% of the time you get a dud. But it's no worse a failure rate than condoms, and the consequences are way less life-changing.)

Here are some of my favorites*:

used pasteurrepultPAPAL ASYLUMstermenWRONG POCKS**│shnillyoffice truce**│last vander ***

*One hundred points to whoever illustrates of one of these.
**Pretty sure I suffered from this in middle school.
***I think we should call one of those.
****Similar to the last of the Mohicans, can be found at Calvin College.

Also, you can go to facebook and post a link or picture anywhere and it will give you the same thing. Don't like what you get? Try again! Here, copy and post this:


Knock yourselves out, wordophiles!

2 comments:

  1. I love it, daughter of my heart! Make sure you pasteurize your used pasteur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra Mariela23 June 2010 at 10:03

    jajajaja...talk about random!

    ReplyDelete