Pages

Friday 18 June 2010

Things I'm going to miss: My coworkers

Here's a nice GRE-worthy word for you: esprit de corps. Here is a definition:


Synonyms include going to the beach together,

Hannah and chị Giang 


eating lunch together every day,

Anh Khoa, chị Mai Anh, chị Hằng

studying English together (or goofing off as the case may be),

Anh Long, cô Hannah, chị Mai Anh, chị Phượng, anh Khoa, 
bác Chung, chị Ngọc, chú Bình  

celebrating International Children's Day together,

Anh Lâm (editor in chief) and children of Thế Giới Employees


celebrating each other's weddings,

Mr. Long (accounting department) and his bride.


visiting each other's homes at Tết,

Chị Thuận and family (and me)

going out to fancy restaurants at Tết together,

Chị Hạnh (also my host mom), chị Thuận

partying hard at Tết together,

Bác Chung

going to pagodas together,

Em Diệp and chị Thu

learning each other's languages,

Anh Long (my boss) reading El Vocero Hispano Newspaper.

and occasionally even getting some work done.


Employees of Thế Giới Publishers, how I will miss you all!

2 comments:

  1. lovely post as always, Hannah! isn't it esprit de corps, though?

    ReplyDelete