Pages

Monday 28 June 2010

Things I'm going to miss: Ordinary life


Them's my undies. I wash them every Saturday by hand, and it's a completely normal part of my routine, but it will end when I become a grad student with access to a washing machine and a very tight schedule. (Though now that I have discovered the wonders of presoaking there's no going back.)

1.7

This is the average number of books I read per month. That's nearly one book every two weeks! One of the things I will miss most is the easy pace of life in Vietnam, which has allowed me to rediscover reading for fun, rather than for class.

See food? It's seafood! (clams)

Eating with chopsticks. It's just so civilized.


Street life. It's going to be so isolating to go back to temperate climes, where everybody keeps their business inside. How can I be nosy anymore?

3 comments:

  1. Hannah- I used to walk the neighborhood when it was dark and you could see inside everyone's homes. Not quite the same as watching people ply their trade outside and everything else you normally take care of in the privacy of your home, but it might take the edge off for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about guys peeing on walls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dianne Zandstra17 July 2010 at 02:25

    Hannah, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful sense of humor and interesting experiences and images with us! Blessings in your new endeavor.

    Dianne Zandstra

    ReplyDelete