Pages

Thursday 20 May 2010

Things that are making me happy today

I have been accused of being a blog perfectionist. And I was challenged to write an impromptu post about things that make me happy. No prior preparation. No camera on hand. Just old photos, the internet, and my wits.

I am not going to disagree with that accusation per se...in fact I am going to prove it true. Because not only did I meet the challenge, but all of my items start with "B" and that's cool because it's called alliteration. So here you go, things that are making me happy today, even if none of the photos were taken today:

  • Books: There should be a law against reading more than one brain-bending book at a time because of the following principle that I have discovered:

+


= BRAIN EXPLOSION
(but a happy one)

  • Bicycles: Specifically my bicycle, specifically riding it around Hanoi, specifically when I pass through the gaps between large, shiny SUVs who can't penetrate the traffic jam but I can and I go "Ha! I am cleaner, greener, AND faster than you!" as I speed past and feel righteous.



Bluegrass: Lately  I've been rather obsessed with a cover of Float On by Iron Horse (thanks Asa). Bluegrass is just so silly with a tinge of sadness at its core. Now why on earth did I ever hate it? Anyways, I'm cured.




    • Birds: The Audubon Society of California has the following message for you: "Birds matter." Do you know the difference between a Cedar Waxwing and a Bohemian Waxwing? Does anybody else besides me find this every bit as interesting as the difference between a Republican and a Democrat? 


    • Blogging: Because Ali and Calah are also writing posts on the same subject. Check it out!

    2 comments:

    1. excellent job. i feel like a proud parent.

      do you wish alliteration started with a "B"?! Because I sure do.

      ReplyDelete
    2. You're hilarious. Hope SE Asia is treating you well. I'm back in Thailand - so freakin' sweaty! haha

      ReplyDelete